Monday 9 September 2013

A Whole New World

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my blog, as promised!

For those of you that don't know me, hello! My name is Sammi Sparkles and I am a passionate Master Nail Tech, originally from Reading in the UK. I am a 4 times CND Master Tech in Liquid and Powder (acrylic) and CND Shellac Power Polish. I am also qualified in Gel, BrisaLite, Minx, SpaManicure and SpaPedicure. With a Graphic Design background, I just love Nail Art and what it brings to each individual set of nails and ultimately, what it brings to our clients! There is no better feeling than a client looking at a finished set of nails with that "I'm in love" look on their face! Priceless!

I hope to keep you updated on my escapades with this blog and I hope to start reviewing some new nail innovations for you to have a look at. My first will be Empower Nail Art which is described as a thin foil fabric and appears to have endless possibilities which sounds perfect for todays glorious nail art journeys! I have been waiting a long time to be able to have  a play with this stuff so keep checking back!


So, last week, my family and I relocated to Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada! It was a huge decision to make but, so far, we are loving it!

The air is clean and fresh and the people are super friendly! They all love our accent but we are occasionally mistaken for being Australian. I'm not sure why because, the Ozzies have a very distinct accent compared to ours, I think. There was also the day that we opened a bank account and the lady at the service counter mistook my husband as my son! I must have looked exhausted on that day! Ha ha!

Because we have moved, I have had to give up my lovely base of clients back in the UK. These women have been the reason I get up in the morning when times are hard so I am missing them a lot! It does mean, that there are new opportunities for me to meet new people and add more strings to my friendship bow. The wonder of Facebook enables us to stay in touch with people in the click of a mouse so even though there are thousands of miles between us, I still feel pretty close to them!

It seems that networking is a big thing on this side of the pond and I've been overwhelmed with the kindness of the Techs here. They genuinely want to offer help and go out of their way to make things easier for you. In particular, Victoria Hunter and Laura Merzetti have gone above and beyond and I just wanted to say, thank you so much!

The transition from Salon Owner to Housewife is not easy. I am already itching to get back to creating some masterpieces but I am pleased to have a little more time on my hands. Anyone that owns a business or works for themselves will know that it is a constant 24 hour a day 7 days a week job! You can only be successful if you have the passion in your belly because it is what drives you forward on the days where a lot of ordinary people would throw in the towel! I am planning on so "How To" video tutorials, pictorials and hopefully, in the future, a chat room/forum for like minded professionals. If there is something you wish to see or a specific nail art technique that you are desperate to "nail", comment and let me know!

I'm signing off for now, thank you for reading my blog and hit subscribe so you don't miss out on Empower Nail Art!

Sammi Sparkles xx


2 comments:

  1. thanks for the lovely shout out Sammi! You are going to be great on this side of the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve! We're certainly feeling your absence here Mrs. xxx

    ReplyDelete